Program Educational Objectives (POEs)
Provide students with the necessary education to bridge the gap between industry and academia, and to understand the impact of information security technology in a global and societal context.
(1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(2) an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
(4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
(5) an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
1. Protect an organization’s critical information and assets by applying the latest information security practices, processes, frameworks, and techniques.
2. Formulate, update, and communicate relevant short- and long-term organizational cyber security strategies and policies to effectively secure and monitor information systems.
3. Design and implement secure information systems, components, and processes in a timely manner as well as identify, analyze, and solve problems associated with these systems.
4. Understand the human, administrative, and ethical aspects of the information security profession and abide by all legal aspects associated with it.
5. Demonstrate a broad knowledge of core concepts, theories, and practical skills within the field of information security technologies.
6. Occupy roles in secure systems development, networking, administration, operations, and forensic analysis.
7. Plan and perform various tasks and projects that comprise long time spans, alone and as a participant in a team in compliance with applicable legal and ethical requirements and regulations.
8. Present relevant topics like theories, problems, and solutions in written, oral, and other applicable forms of expression.
9. Design, implement and administer solutions for networking and security problems to satisfy organizational goals.
10. Recognize the need for, and be able to engage in, all aspects of lifelong learning.
+971 2 6951062
03- 799 6444
03- 799 6411