The PET program’s new student outcomes (SO 1-5) are based on the previous student outcomes (SO a-k) . These new student outcomes are shown below:
- (SO1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- (SO2) an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- (SO3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- (SO4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes;
- (SO5) an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.